Lower Decatur businesses were selected by Gambit readers as the Best of New Orleans 2009.
Best Place to Get a Mojito
3. El Gato Negro Mexican Restaurant (81 French Market Place, 525-9752)
Best Place to Get a Margarita
2. El Gato Negro Mexican Restaurant (81 French Market Place, 525-9752)
Best Late-Night Dining
3. Angeli on Decatur (1141 Decatur St., 566-0077)
Best Menu for Vegetarians
1. Cafe Bamboo (435 Esplanade Ave., 940-5546) — New Orleans has a rep for being less than accommodating to vegetarians, but since the opening of Bamboo earlier this year there is a new haven for meatless and even vegan feasts. The menu lists conventional vegetable-based dishes, along with an array of “mock meats” made from textured soy products.
Best Antiques Store
2. Greg’s (1209 Decatur St.)
Best Farmers Market