While putting the together the interactive map for the site it came to my attention that there are a whole bunch of intentionally open wireless access points. I’d be willing to bet that there are more here in these few blocks than any other part of the city. So, somebody has to say it.
“Lower Decatur Street is New Orleans’ WiFi Hotspot!”
Here’s the current list:
- Cafe Envie – 1241 Decatur Street
- Coop’s Place – 1109 Decatur Street
- J.C. Grocery Deli – 65 French Market Place
- Mojo Lounge & Cafe – 1140 Decatur Street
- Turtle Bay – 1119 Decatur Street
- Whirling Dervish – 1135 Decatur Street
Most of the access points listed are usable in neighboring establishments.
UPDATE: Added the Whirling Dervish to the list. Thanks, Cian
UPDATE: Removed Sarafina’sÂ (This should get moved to a page, instead of being in a post, so it’s always on the sidebar)